The global "Engaging Men" conference was held at the end of March in Rio de Janeiro.
The 5 stated goals of the conference are
1) To increase involvement of men and boys in the promotion of gender equality and the reduction of violence against women by scaling up existing work;
2) To build skills and capacity of NGOs committed to working with men and boys for gender equality;
3) To promote dialogue between existing NGO efforts, policy makers and private sector;
4) To highlight existing policies and best practices that can be reproduced to promote greater gender equality through the involvement of men and boys;
5) To build, strengthen, and expand a growing international network of programs, activists and policy makers dedicated to engaging men and boys in gender equality.
Find out more at
And check out this blog by the Canadian White Ribbon Campaign on the conference:http://engagingmen.wordpress.com/
It's fantastic and really encouraging to see so many men's groups around the world working for gender equality.